Sadly, I haven't blogged for a full month now. Life has just been too busy!
This time of year is always the craziest for me. Each April we have our annual women's retreat for church. And since I organize it, the month before the retreat is pedal-to-the-metal, all out, craziness! This year was no different.
I hope to share what I learned while preparing a talk on purity in a few posts this week, but for now I just want to reflect on God's goodness.
I shouldn't be surprised, but I'm always amazed at how God works through these retreats. This year's retreat was no exception! Here are a few of the things God did in the lives of 77 women. Stories are still pouring in, but I've been so encouraged by hearing these in the past week:
- One woman came to know Jesus as her Savior and Lord! (that alone makes all the work worthwhile!)
- One woman has been able to conquer her paralyzing fear of almost all things. This week she has rested in Christ's strength and is stepping forth in faith for the first time.
- One woman had been considering leaving the faith and has decided to continue following the Lord - despite the hardships.
- A prayer request for a desperately needed job was quickly answered by another woman's confession that her husband's company is looking for someone with that exact skill set.
- One woman decided to stop heading out for drinks each weekend.
- One woman shared her testimony and found that many could relate to the hardships. Her reliance on Christ was a tremendous encouragement to those going through tough times.
- One woman was encouraged to remain sexually pure until God brings her a husband.
- Several women began to connect with other believers and started to overcome their feelings of isolation.
- Several women stepped into leadership roles for the first time.
- One woman was encouraged not to give up after a severe bought with depression.
- Several women took this opportunity to bring friends and family members who heard the gospel presented clearly.
- One woman who had felt "lost and empty" found peace and contentment in Christ.
And the stories go on and on ...
To God alone be the glory, great things He has done!