Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Swollen lips and bellies

Today my heart breaks for my children. Its been a tough week already. I'm very busy with VBS preparations and have had meetings each night this week. Beyond that, we're back to a full week of school and are pushing to get everything done. But today was the kicker.

After getting some school done, I sent the kids outside to play for a bit. They began playing with a neighbor boy who constantly practices his baseball skills. Needless to say, he's got quite a swing. We know this because we find balls way on the other side of our yard pretty frequently after he's been practicing. Today he had a stick and used it to swing at a bee as if swinging at a baseball. Unfortunately, he missed the bee and got Zack instead. I'm so thankful that Zack saw it coming and turned slightly, because he has a huge welt across his middle, but the hit missed his ribs by about a 1/2 inch! Knowing our neighbor's swing, he could have easily broken a few of those precious ribs! We've been monitoring Zack carefully and I think he's fine with no internal damage. Praise the Lord!

But then, while I was out today, Abby got stung on the lip by a bee. Of course, the pain was horrendous and has made her sick to her stomach now three times. Her lip is GIGANTIC!

I feel so bad for her. We called the doctor, but they said that unless she has trouble breathing, just to keep ice on it and give her benadryl if she needs it. Hmph. That doesn't seem enough in my opinion.

So, I think we're staying in for the rest of the day. It doesn't seem to be a safe day to go outside.

5 comments:

  1. My heart goes out to you all Ali, especially Zack and Abby. It seems you're experiencing Satan's stings and God's protection this week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would help heal with my cum

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glob of cum should help swelling

    ReplyDelete