Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Healing In the Shadow of the Cross

A week and one day ago, I gave birth to the most beautiful little boy.



Isn't he perfect?!

There was a time during this pregnancy when we wondered if we'd ever get to hold this little one. And if we did get to hold him, we feared that he would not be in our arms for long. I blogged about the healing of little Micah here.

The other day as Micah lay in the sunshine on my bed, I was reminded of how much I have to give thanks for. The sun was streaming in and the frame of the window cast a cross perfectly over little Micah's chest. The same chest that once had fluid around the heart, a diaphragm out of place, a too small chest cavity. The chest that God healed in His perfect way.



I pray that he will always live in the shadow of the cross. And I pray that I will never forget the Giver of this precious gift.

2 comments:

  1. So well said, Ali. I knew Micah would be special, and reading this reminds me again of HOW special he is. Grandpa and I praise our loving, merciful, gracious, triune God for another beautiful and healthy grandson. Our family truly has much for which to be thankful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for sharing your miracle. It is so important to be reminded of a powerful& loving God. May Micah be a blessing and a witness all the days of his life.
    Lisa James

    ReplyDelete