Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Soaring on wings with chickens


I just spent an hour of my life chasing chickens. An hour that I can never get back.

Because of my exercise at the chicken coop, a dinner that I've been wanting to make for months and finally made time to cook now consists of overdone meat (chicken, ironically) and no sides. Yum.

School was a disaster, chores are not getting done, the little ones refuse to nap and I am on empty.

Weak, tired, overwhelmed, weary.


All of that may be the reality I'm in right now. And if I focus on that, I'll be frustrated and cranky. But there's another part of reality that is also true.

Isaiah 40:28-31 says, "Do you not know? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He will not grow tired or weary, and his understanding no one can fathom. He gives strength to the weary and increases the power of the weak. Even youths grow tired and weary, and young men stumble and fall; but those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint."

God says, "You are tired, Ali, but I will renew your strength. You long for rest, but I will allow you to soar. You are weary, but I will refresh you and sustain you."

These words whispered into my heart are like a drink of ice cold water on a hot, muggy day. I feel them course through my body, encouraging me, refreshing my mind, and renewing my purpose.

O weary soul, be refreshed! The Lord is your strength. He is your Rock. He will make you SOAR!

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you, Ali. I know it was a disappointing and frustrating day yesterday, but I rejoice that your strength is in the Lord. He will sustain and refresh you. BTW, that is a great picture you posted of "Dottie" :-). She is a clever hen.
    With love, Mom

    ReplyDelete