Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Mr. Sandman ... please visit me!

There's just nothing that beats the comfort of your own bed at night. Even the thrill of sleeping under the stars can't compare.

We thought our kids would love a night of camping out in the backyard during our vacation week. So, today we dragged out the tent, set it up and let the kids played in it all afternoon. Tonight we cleaned it out, set up the sleeping bags and prepared for a fun night outside. Except that mom and dad were not sleeping outdoors with them. Josh went out to sit in the tent until they fell asleep, but after only 1 hour in traipsed all four children declaring that they "just wanted to sleep in bed tonight".

I guess we all love our comforts, don't we. I certainly have no desire to trade my bed for a sleeping bag on the cold ground! And I've got some smart kids who feel the same way.

No comments:

Post a Comment