Monday, September 27, 2010
Versatile Blogger Award!
A dear friend of mine, Kristi, recently awarded me and some other ladies with the "Versatile Blog" award. It was a shocker and I'm pleased to accept the award and pass it on to a few other deserving bloggers. It's nice to be noticed, and I hope you'll take the time to look up these other great blogs. There are a few rules about accepting the award.
#1 If you had to go back and change one thing in your life, would you and what would it be?
I would have learned how to cook before getting married. I'm sure my mom tried to show me how, but I really had no interest and am not sure I ever made a whole meal before getting married. Thankfully, my husband is patient and has taught me much in the kitchen!
#2 Choose four people for this award and then inform them of the nomination.
Amy: I love that Amy shares honestly about her life as a mom and wife. She is also faithful to share the things God has been teaching her and I love to learn through her experiences.
Nancy: a beautifully written, insightful blog about life and lessons learned along the way.
Melissa: recognizes the beauty in people of all types. Melissa is a high school special education teacher and always has a way to be thankful for whatever comes her way.
Missy: I don't know this blogger in real life, but her blog is hilarious and makes me laugh almost daily! Missy writes incredibly well and you'll enjoy her humor and candor.
#3 Say thank you to the person who awarded you.
Thanks Kristi! I have missed spending time with you since we moved, but love to keep up with you through your blog. You have such creative ideas and you inspire me to enjoy motherhood to the fullest!
#4 Share seven things about yourself.
1. I make the bed every single night before getting in. Even if it is just before I crawl into bed - and even if I have to kick my husband out of it to straighten the covers before I crawl in.
2. Since my birthday is on Christmas day, I always end up cooking a huge meal for everyone. To be precise, I always cook a standing rib roast with yorkshire pudding, mashed potatoes, corn, applesauce, cranberry sauce and sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top! A good birthday dinner, but a lot of work!
3. My dream job as a child was to be a wife and mother. I am living the dream.
4. Can honestly say that my husband is my absolute favorite person in the world, my best friend and my pastor.
5. I NEVER wanted to be a homeschooler, but now think it's one of the best decisions we've ever made. I wouldn't trade it for anything!
6. I really don't mind most housework, but I loathe cleaning the bathrooms. That's the first chore I trained my children to do!
7. My husband and I paid for a hot air balloon ride 18 months ago and have yet to get in the air. I'm beginning to wonder if we ever will.