Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Monday, September 13, 2010

A special day!!

My sweet girl was baptized yesterday. Can I just say that I am one proud Mama?!!

This is not new territory to me. Both of my older boys have confessed Jesus as Lord and were baptized. In fact, our oldest was my husband's very first baptism in our church.

But each time there is something different and special. This time there were several hi-lights for me. I loved walking into church with Abby's hand in mine. I asked if she was excited and she replied, "I'm even more excited than you are!" Which is as it should be. My heart thrilled as I got her into the baptism robe and watched her dance around with the other two children getting baptized. It was a blessing to see a man that we love take both of the girls on his lap and let them muss his hair, play with his face and generally get their giggles out as they waited for the appointed time.

But, without a shadow of a doubt, the most special moment is this:

Seeing my amazing husband accept the privilege of baptizing our only daughter. To see the fruit of his diligence in training and teaching our children. And to see our daughter understand her need of a Savior and to trust Jesus with her life. Yes, this Mama is pretty ecstatic. I couldn't ask for better validation in this mothering career!

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful, Ali. I felt similar thankfulness to our Lord when you and Christy were baptized. "Behold, children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb a reward." Psalm 127:3
    Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete