My youngest did this today:
Yup. And I saw this as I sat across the room from where he was unlocking the outlet:
Well, not exactly. But close. There were definitely crazy sparks flying in the room!
Sadly, this is the second time I've had a child try to electrocute themselves. My second son placed a penny on the prongs of his plugged-in baby monitor during naptime several years ago and just about set our apartment on fire. A large section of the wall was black. And he later told me about the "blue lights" that scared him (sparks).
So today, I am doubly thankful that God watches my children even when I think I am keeping a close eye on them. They may be in the same room as me, yet I don't always know what those little hands are up to. But God does! I'm so glad that He cares and sees. Because His eyes never grow tired and His care is more than I can fathom.
That's a very reliable and necessary fact for a tired and sometimes unattentive mom.