Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Contented Longing

I titled this entry "contented longing" because this was the week we were to have gone to family camp. This was a week that I had been waiting and longing for for over 10 years. However, we are not at camp this week. As I mentioned before, we canceled our vacation in order to save for a new roof. And, while I am missing out on a great week at family camp, I am fully enjoying a stay-cation at home. I have chosen to rejoice in the fun times with the kids here in Wisconsin and to enjoy every moment. I'm working hard and accomplishing things that have been on my to-do list for far too long. I'm enjoying my children and my husband and relishing experiences that we wouldn't normally have time to try.

But, since this was supposed to be our time at Lakeside, I have found myself often thinking of fond memories from my years there. So, I am dedicating this blog to the many, many (really too many to count) wonderful memories from my summers at LCC. And since I don't want to go through the effort of dredging up pictures from my early childhood years, I'll just include some here from the years I worked on staff.

Here's a smattering of my favorites:
Mud Diving

The two friends who grew up at camp with me and who I had hoped to spend time with this week:


Counselor Hunt!

Staff Bonding through Funk Bowling, hiking, camping, Ben and Jerry's, lakings and other such nonsense! :)

The July 4th Parade that we snuck into year after year:

Weekly, outrageous skits

Craft Shack Craziness

Getting to know a cabin full of girls each week through their silliness and questions. And especially leading devotions with them and witnessing the birth of new life.

And of course, this wouldn't be complete without a picture that captures the peace of Lakeside. It is still a place I consider home.

No comments:

Post a Comment