Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Sunday, February 27, 2011

Flutterings

For a few days now I've been feeling the babe within me move. I have to be very still to feel it, but it is definitely noticeable.

Baby movements during pregnancy are so encouraging. They reassure me that the baby is growing and alive. Tiny movements remind me that I need to care for myself and the child within me. And most importantly, they cause me to focus on the miracle of a LIFE growing INSIDE of me!

Psalm 139:13-16 says, "For you formed my inward parts; you knitted me together in my mother's womb. I praise you, for I am fearfully and wonderfully made. Wonderful are your works; my soul knows it very well. My frame was not hidden from you, when I was being made in secret, intricately woven in the depths of the earth. Your eyes saw my unformed substance; in your book were written, every one of them, the days that were formed for me, when as yet there was none of them." - ESV

I read that and I marvel at God's care for every little detail in forming the body, mind and soul of a human being. He does not make mistakes! Scripture says that He knits together each babe. Are not His hands up for the task? He, who created the entire universe, also created the life that is forming inside of me. What a miracle!

So tonight as I hope to feel those sweet flutterings once again, I will marvel at the wonder of God's creation - specifically the little one resting beneath my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment