Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Worship in Pain

My sweet husband has been working to compile a set of gentle worship songs that will encourage and bless me during labor in a few months. I know we're ahead of the game, but he's quite excited about the project and I've really enjoyed listening to his selections.

But as I listen, I can't help but wonder if I'll have the same type of worship experience as I am in pain. Bringing a child into the world is not exactly comfortable and worship-inducing.

But perhaps it should be. I'm just beginning to reflect on the idea of worshiping through labor. Delivering a child - created and grown by God - should in itself be a way of bringing glory to the Creator.

I know I still have a lot of thinking to do on this, but I'm beginning now to pray that when the time comes for this child to be born I will be able to focus not on the pain, but on the One who has created life and who will sustain me even through the pain and hours of labor. It must be possible, because we were created to glorify God in all things. All things includes even child birth!

No comments:

Post a Comment