Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Evening Pick-Me-Up

Tonight I'm reliving some of the funny things my kids have said. These particular quotes never fail to bring smiles to my face and warm fuzzies to my heart. :)

"Hey Mom! It's Mickey Mouse on the Disease Channel!"

After a hamburger was dropped on the floor just before serving dinner, my two year old looked around, decided that Mom was the only family member missing from the room and said, "That's Mom's piece". Shocking!

While learning a verse about bearing with one another in love, we asked my daughter how she could bear with her brothers in love. She answered this way: "Well, I guess I'd go out in the backyard ... and dig a hole ..." She heard "bury" her brothers, not "bear with" her brothers!

After asking my son to try using the potty for what seemed the hundredth time on our first day of training, he looked at me with big, sad eyes and said, "No, Mommy. You break heart!" The poor child was just so tired of the potty that I was breaking his heart. Oh, how that pierced mine!

"Look out below!!!" One of the many things our youngest has shouted while using the potty. It's always an experience for the family when he heads to the toilet!

"The Lord is my Shepherd. He makes me lie down in Green Bay pastures."

"The Lord is my Sheperd. He makes me lie down in green pastures. Hey, Grandpa lives in green pastures!" (Grandpa lives in Green Bay, he's not yet out to pasture!)

One day we mentioned having a vague memory. My son asked what vague meant and I said "fuzzy". He thought about that and then declared, "Oh! I have vague arms!" He does have very hairy (fuzzy) arms. :)

"Ring around the rosie, pocket full of posies. Asses, asses, they all fall down!"

As one child played with his favorite bear, I heard him say, "Bear, let's go ask that old man over there." They left the couch and walked to the table where "Old Man" Dad was sitting. That was a blow to Dad's ego!


Ah, yes. Kid speak has got to be one of my favorite things in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment