Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Sunday, November 21, 2010

Surpassing Greatness

Have you ever been blown away by your kids? Yeah, me too.

In fact, it happens on a fairly regular basis. Frequently my kids do or say something that just amazes me with their maturity.

Today I had one of those moments. After our small group, my oldest (age 10) pulled me aside and asked me to pray for him. I said I'd be happy to and then asked what specifically I could be praying for.

Here was his response: "I just feel like as I get older I'm doing more unrighteous things. I don't think I always use my time wisely and I don't like that I really only worship God on Sundays. I should do that all week long."

WOWZERS!! Where did this kid come from??? I fought back a huge grin of pride as I seriously told him that I would be praying for him and offered to do so right then and there. I gave my own heart a stern talking to as I listened to him pray, realizing that I have much to learn from this intelligent, spiritually sensitive boy.

Josh and I have always prayed that our children would surpass us. Not just in what they accomplish, but in who they are in Christ. But our faith is so small that we never imagined it happening by 10 years of age! God is indeed good.

1 comment: