Taking Life One Step At A Time

Taking Life One Step At  A Time

Tuesday, November 16, 2010

You're Not Ready!

I heard Gabe say the cutest thing today. He and two of the other munchkins were playing hide and "sink". As I helped him count while the others hid, he showed off his counting skills. I was duly impressed until my pride melted into laughter. As he finished counting he yelled out, "You're not ready! Here I come!" Instead of the normal, "Ready or not, here I come."

I love little kid language.

Although I laughed earlier, tonight as I sit writing this, I feel like life has said that to me today. "You're not ready, but I'm coming anyway!" Today was a tough day for several reasons. I wasn't ready for today. I thought I was, but I wasn't. And yet the seconds keep on ticking: one, two, three, four .... where can I hide from this day?

As Anne of Green Gables would say though, "Tomorrow is fresh with no mistakes in it yet." Thank the Lord for that! Perhaps I'll be ready for life tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment